Presented by MIT Enterprise Forum
MITEF Greece Startup Competition 2020: General Track
The MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) Greece Startup Competition is a business skills accelerating competition in which Greek technology startups compete for prizes and international brand recognition. If you have an exciting new product or service, participating in the MITEF Greece Startup Competition will give you access to the practical knowledge, mentorship, and resources to take your venture to the next level. Competition winners are the best of the best in Greece and will receive global recognition through the MIT Enterprise Forum Global, a global network devoted to enabling early-stage entrepreneurs to transform ideas into world-changing companies.
The “General Track” is designed to help ventures in fields such as biotech and life sciences, hardware, software, web applications, internet of things, nanotechnology, telecommunications and more.
All participating teams must:
- Be technology-oriented ventures
- Have a working prototype for product or service
- Be incorporated companies or teams planning to incorporate soon. Specifically:
- The companies must be incorporated in Greece or
- Companies incorporated abroad must have:
- A founding team of more than 50% Greek nationals
- Or they have more than 50% of their development operation taking place in Greece
- Companies or teams have at least two founding team members, with a maximum of six individuals.
- At least one team member must be currently living in Greece
- All participating team members must be at least 18 years old
- If startup company is incorporated, the company must have been incorporated less than 4 years ago by the end of application period
- If startup venture was previously funded, it must have been funded no more than 1,000,000€ or the equivalent of $1,200,000
For more detailed information on the specific legal rules and terms of participation, see the Rules & Terms of Participation page.